I was commissioned to do a budget web splash page. The purpose -to have a stream front that fans can navigate to and see multiple streams simultaneously in action, from a given team or group. The challenge – to create a design in three hours. While I accomplished the initial three hours concept goal, I did spend another three refining some of the ideas.
FOUR STREAMS ACTIVE – OFFLINE TAB DOWN
FOUR STREAMS ACTIVE – OFFLINE TAB UP
The project was a success, but I really would like to explore the design and concept much further. I truly believe its only about 20 percent of what it could be. Some things that I’d like to explore:
- User profiles
- Team Groups/Channels
- Multiple Layouts for focuses
- 2v2 – Head to head layout
- 1v1 – Head to head layout
- LoL – Full team Stream layou
- Event Layout – snap shot and fluid quick navigate for getting around an entire event
- Full Channel Chooser
- Bandwidth optimizer – Using information on the users internet, recommend layouts that should run optimally.
- Intuitive chat integration
- Simulate crowd size in some way – a group of people looking at something draws you attention and creates excitement, somehow visually emulating this via webs would be cool
- Drag and drop from list of active streams into layout slots – This would be really great for touch screen interface, and emulating gestures with mouse. Slide away a stream from a slot, drag one in. The entire feel of managing steam windows would be like dealing cards on a felt casino table. Layouts would provide guides that you can ‘deal’ you stream channel choices out to.
But alas, time is the most valuable of resources!