I have been working on a few social media notification graphics for Mercer Creek Church. I’ve been attempting to learn and grow in order to deliver the desired graphics style requested by the client.
Though I am mired in my current work, I find that it can be a good thing to take small breaks from the grind to reignite my passion for artistic work by tackling smaller more focused projects. I enjoy doing overlay and eSports work for many reasons, but one of the them is that it utilizes a generally very simple concepts that can be deeply explored through creative problem solving and intelligent design. This allows me to push aside a lot of the extra considerations that can weigh down exploration of design while I’m working on such a complicated project as my Indie game Mecromage.
An image to promote the crew of @BaseTradeTV
December of last year I had an encounter with a Starcraft 2 community stream on Twtich.tv that I really enjoyed. Their obvious passion and dedication purely to the community of gamers was inspiring. I felt this could be a nice avenue that would allow me to stretch a little and focus on quick creative execution of some small projects. I contacted BaseTradeTV and offered some graphics support for the channel, they accepted.
Creating Team Eve’s logo was a rewarding experience, and a test of the process of achieving a shared vision with a client. Below I discuss the process I used to communicate online, across the globe, to deliver not only a logo for an up and coming eSports team, but some working assets for their web and streaming needs.
CHEER FOR GRUBBY AT MLG!
(Click to download 16:10 desktop wallpaper)
The Elite Grubby Guard took a lot of perseverance, but after loosing the master file two times, and recovering from compressed demo images, I was able to finally complete a working version. This is an overlay image for the ‘out of game’ segments I created for twitch.tv streamer Grubby.
I created these invites for my best friend’s wedding. Working with the bride to be we designed some fun invitations to send out. The original color for them was yellow, but its difficult to get the correct yellow to display on monitors throughout the web, so I changed up the color to blue for this blog post.
These assets were used for a Casino as a way to update some of the look and feel of their promotions and table print outs. The project was far and away from what I usually work on. In the end, though the project was very fun and I was able to learn many more interesting techniques in creating fun designs for print of online assets.